Saturday, December 11, 2010

the root of all emo.

you know, sometimes when i sit down to write these it's a tad scary.  i put my fingertips to the keys and in my mind i hear "oh God, what do you figure will spill out of me now? for heaven's sake, don't write about your mutant urethra, don't write about your mutant urethra, don't write about your mutant urethra..."

that's the feeling i have tonight. but i'm listening to Jimmy Eat World and Mumford & Sons and drinking me a chilled glass of riesling so i don't really care. i'm happy and by George that's all that matters.

i think that perchance i went a teensy bit overboard at the gym today.  i spent.... too much time on the running contraptions; i burned over 800 calories. i was going to go for 1,000 but i figured i might snap into full-blown anorexo-limia if i did so i exercised (ha, pun!) great restraint and called it quits at 800.  i was watching America's Next Top Model.  what can i say, i like watching those skinny bitches quarrel while i sweat. somehow it makes me feel like a better person knowing that i don't throw hissy fits because someone stole a granola bar from me. 


i love me some Jimmy Eat World. little did i know, until i read the band bio the other day that these guys INVENTED emo music. i mean, it makes sense. they are very clearly geniuses. and every year at this time, i bring them to the forefront of my Ipod along with my Death Cab for Cutie, Snow Patrol and Fiona Apple and we slip into sweet brooding melancholy together.  also i eat too much sugar. but it's part of the Fall/PreWinter personality transformation. ya gotta trust the process.

speaking of which, i got a new Ipod. it's teensy and neon pink (hopefully an eye-catching color so i won't lose it), and cute. i need a good name for it. i'm thinking Shrinky Pinkton.  please send your ideas and votes to Ldskrista03@yahoo.com


cute, huh? yeah.

oh cool. i can add pictures to my blog. * must keep in mind to use in future *


10 Reasons I Win At Life Today:

1. I parked at the far end of the Target parking lot today and ran to it. Health Win!

2. I was able to get Ronin to sleep the second time in less than 5 minutes.

3.  I did not get stabbed today.

4. I did not stab anyone today.  Even though Mike thought it would be funny to pour ice cold water on my head while i was in the shower.  I have other ways of punishing him.... but I did not stab him.

5.  I did not spontaneously combust today. 

6.  I paid $41 for a new Ipod shuffle.  not. too. shabby. however, in retrospect, it doesn't fit my car radio adapter or my Bose Ipod speaker..... shyte. pish.  balls.

7.  I decided that my new curse word of choice would be "balls".  and i've used it with a satisfying frequency today; because yes, it is very possible to overuse the word "balls".

8.  i'm still trying to muscle my way through this glass of riesling. it's kicking my butt. seems like after every sip i take it magically refills and laughs at me.  which is just plain impolite. what a rude glass of wine. carmudgeony vino.

9.  i let a Land Rover into traffic ahead of me.  i usually scoff at expensive cars and tell them to buzz off, but i was feeling generous today.

10.  oh, i forgot. i have a bar of chocolate in the pantry.  that goes well with white wine, right? i should go masticate that, on the pronto. right now. right away. without delay. ahora.



keep it real, my friends. sorry this one wasn't funny. i'll do better next time. feel free to send me suggestions, topics, questions, disses, curses, or recommendations to my email, Ldskrista03@yahoo.com , or to my facebook page (krista hinds custer) or here as a comment.

love, peace, and expensive goose grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy; I want to hear what you have to say.