Saturday, September 4, 2010

sharing... it's a rule now...

5 imaginary bucks to the first person that knows where that comes from. and sorry, Michael, you can't play.

i love that after two years of marriage, Mike and i are still having fun. we still find interesting ways to entertain ourselves and make each other laugh.

like last night when i declared that the entire king size bed was mine, and then he attempted to smother me with pillows and the quilt, and i fought back with Merciless Tickles until we were both just exhausted and giggly.

you know you've made a Good Life Decision when you find it difficult to sleep because you keep thinking about the Pillow Fight you've just had and you keep bursting out in fits of chuckles.

you're never too old for Pillow Fights.


Some of my Favorite Words and Phrases:

1) Pants.  when my little sister and i were in our glorious teenage years, we came up with some WEIRD stuff. and one of our favorite things to chant was; Warm... Clean... PANTS.

2) Paradigm.  it makes me feel like maybe i'm not a doofus when i use this word, so i try and use it a lot.  example: i'm not sure that a pineapple is the best thing to be shoving into our car's fuel tank; we may want to reevaluate our decision-making paradigm.

3) What a Fortuitous Boon.  it's just a super fancy way of saying "hooray, i win at life today!"

4) Zanzibar.  try not to smile after saying Zanzibar. you can't do it can you? i feel acomplished when i say it. like i'm actually doing something constructive with my life.



i'm turning 26 on Thursday and.... i'm mini-panicking.  i'm pretty sure this officially makes me a Twenty Something and i don't exactly know how i feel about that.  it freaks me out possibly even more that my little sister will be 24.  geez. where is the time going? my son is already half a year old....


i played some poker tonight, and i guess i did ok. it didn't win, but of the 7 of us that were playing, i hung in there until it was me and just one other dude. i went all in on the last hand, and i HAD HIM until the last card came down on the river and his pair ended up beating out my pair.  rough luck.  i'm proud of myself though. i NEVER play poker, i don't know/remember all the rules, and for half of the game i was playing with/feeding/nursing my son. so..... not too shabby.


i'd really like to be funny and entertaining tonight; but the elements have conspired against me. my dear sweet Great-Grandma died today. her funeral is in Portland on my birthday and i'm heading up there with Ronin and hopefully Mike to pay my respects.  i'm so grateful that i got to see her again this summer and that she got to meet and hold Ronin.  she just lit up with that little boy on her lap.  she was 98 and 1/2.  she got to see a lot of life; i hope that i am as lucky.



Krista's Bedtime Thoughts:

1.  my cats are doing.... something weird...  under the bed and it sounds like Mutant Giant Termites trying to tiptoe around so as not to be discovered by me and consequently squuzed when i whap them with my folded up step stool i keep for just such Mutant Giant Termite Squooshing.

2.  i have a headache. that's been happening more lately...

3.  a lady complimented my son's skin this evening... what an interesting compliment. she said she liked the tone of it. he gets that lovely natural tan from his 1/2 Hungarian daddy. 

4.  all i want for my birthday is to go out to me and Mike's favorite romantical restaurant, and to eat lots and lots of fancy homemade cupcakes and also an ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery.  which smashes my Diet to all smithereens.

5.  saw a news story about a little chubby 10 or so year old girl named Agatha... and it occured to me that her parents are cruel and probably don't love her very much. Agatha. Agatha.  poor lass.

6.  ah, just figured out what i'd like for my birthday.  a Unicorn. named Trevor. preferably with wings.

7.  i'll bet that merry go rounds and carousels have inferiority complexes... because real roller coasters are awesome and they just aren't.

8.  i need a cupcake. NOW.

9.  i was the white trash woman tonight with my darling boy wearing nothing but a diaper and his own drool because it was so damn hot. it was me. i was that white trash woman.

10. fried zucchini is delicious.

2 comments:

  1. I feel you on the birthday thing. I turn 26 on the 22nd. Crazy. My little sister just turned 18. I feel so old. And yet not old enough to feel old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. It's a strange parallel to my life. My grandmother died right before my 26th birthday. I was just coming home from my first-ever surprise birthday party when my sister called to tell me. So I flew 2,000 miles to attend her funeral on my birthday, which of course, everyone in my family forgot because their minds were on other things. You know what, though? I think karma had to hand me that moment of shittiness to justify the fact that the rest of my life is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy; I want to hear what you have to say.