Friday, October 29, 2010

a kumquat, by any other name...

feeling eclectic, feeling electric, excited to get my....fuzzy on and i feel like i should actually write something. so i'm just going to write everything and anything that comes to mind.


i get... sooooooooooo much dried baby yogurt on my face by the end of the day. it's surreal. it's uncalled for. and mostly, it's sticky. i need a miniature personal squeegee to hang around my neck so i can scrape it off of my chin and cheeks during the day.

i love you. all of you. so there. just shoving my love into all of your faces on the bloggie. jamming up all of your interwebs with my affection.  you read my words, and you tell your friends, and you don't send hate mail.  it's those little things that get me through the day.

so. blogging is supposed to be about honesty, right? so maybe i should be honest. i found myself yesterday in the Rite Aid parking lot racing inside to buy some water on my way to the gym. i was hurrying so that i could drink it, and make it to the gym in time to make myself throw up before my dinner digested cuz i felt so gross and out of control for eating so much for dinner that night.  it was then, walking back to the car, drinking my water, when i said aloud to myself "i think i have a problem".  good for me. self-five. i went through the therapy for my bulemia months and months and months ago, i took the antidepressants, but now i'm off of them and i'm all neurotic feeling and i'm back to the barfing. but at least i recognize that perhaps i have a habit that is unhealthy and undesirable. now, as for the remaining 11 out of 12 steps, meh. i'll get to them. eventually. 

ok. i'm done with that topic!! please, no concerned comments and "don't hurt yourself"s. i know y'all care and i'm very informed about my predicament. i love y'all. with fervor.

i can't bring myself to eat a Kumquat. i know it's a fruit, but no one makes kumquat juice, no one makes kumquat fruit filled pastries, so... i'm disinclined to think that it's tasty.  no one talks about them either. what did the Kumquat ever do to humanity to deserve such disdain? why is the kumquat such a largely ignored fruit? i wish i cared enough to find out. like i said; i can't bring myself to put one in my mouth. maybe if they changed the name to something more appetising.

i don't like talking on the phone. i like texting though. i'd much rather text someone than talk on the phone. or talk face to face. there's just something about a vocal phone conversation that rubs me the wrong way. i guess it's cuz i hear inflections and emphasis on what the other person says, but i can't see the body language. and 80% or so of allllllllllllllll communication is comprised of body language. so it... confuses me? i suppose that's the best way to put it. i will avoid phone calls like the AIDS-Leprosy-Malaria-Plague, but i'll text all day long.


who was the genius that decided that Zombies eat brains? i just don't think there is any science to support that. why not fingers? or cerebral spinal fluid? or toe jam? or belly buttons? i'd like to invent a monster that goes around sucking out and devouring peoples belly buttons. a Morckshux. that's what i'm calling it. it's like a Unicorn, but with spikes all over it, and crazy cat shaped irises, and instead of a mane and tail it's blue fire that turns whatever it touches to goo. the dreaded belly button consuming Morckshux. named Trevor.

my new best friend, Trevor.


so i used the bathroom at a barnes and noble last week. looked to the right and saw a smear of boogers on the wall. i'm gonna say it right now. EVERYONE picks their nose. and if you're thinking to yourself "well i don't" then you are a goddamn liar.  you KNOW you pick your nose. it's part of life. no matter what, it's gonna happen. fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, and i gotta get this itchy prickly monstrosity out of my nostril and away from my superior nasal chonchae cuz it's irritating the hell out of me.  everyone does it.  don't even try and front like you're a non-picker because they don't exist.

if i was a lesbian, then i'd totally be all over Rachel McAdams. or possibly Kim Stoltz (even though she belongs to a good friend of mine). perchance Mila Kunis, the chick that played Jackie on That 70's show. come on ladies, who do you have lady crushes on? leave your pick as a comment.

i...... want..... to eat everything in the house.


my lips and calves are numb. the rest of me is fine, but my lips and calves are numb. hmm. intrigue.


i should probably call it quits and go to bed while the going is good and before my typing skills diminish any more than they already have. i'm hitting the backspace key every third or fourth letter and it's getting tiresome.

y'all have a lovely night, and delightful weekend, and please send comments. they brighten my day and give flight to my heart.  later beeeeaches!!!

3 comments:

  1. Okay so everything made me laugh out of its sheer awesomeness but i have to say, i had to pause to hug my tummy from laughing so hard at "i.....want......to eat everything in the house" :) Also thanks for making sure that nobody tries to steal my lady Kim Stoltz *sigh* (Jeezus God really took his time on her, didn't he?! LOL).

    Lastly, as surprised as i am (which is a lot) that you haven't made millions from this awesome blog but you should totally write a childrens book. And it should revolve around the mishaps and mischief that Trevor gets into. Smart, right? I think you described it specifically enough that i'm gonna try and draw it. Yes, I will and when i'm done, I'll scan it to you. Sound good?

    You're the best. I love you to pieces (but i prefer that you stay all in one...piece that is, okay? :P )

    sHELLy

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual your blog entry is filled with sheer awesomeness but what topped the metaphorical charts was "i...... want..... to eat everything in the house".
    I am indebted to you for directing me towards my soul mate Kim Stoltz... God took his time with her, didn't he?
    By the way, its nice to know that i'm not the only one who doesnt like to talk on the phone. its awkward-i always feel like i'm interrupting the person b/c i don't see the clue as to when they're getting ready to speak..
    Oh, as it still baffles me as to why you aren't paid big bucks to blog because its awesome...you could be a childrens storybook writer and it would revolve around Trevor. I believe you described him so specifically, i'm gonna try and draw him. Yes, and then we'll make MILLIONS! no, no BILLIONS. No, wait--ZILLIONS!!!! MUAHAHA..ha

    Love you like Pooh loves honey (the bear not...you know),
    sHELLy

    p.s. the backspace button is bittersweet, right? sometimes it can be a bitch! but most of the time, its a total lifesaver :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. kumquats are one of my fave fruits... take the plunge!

    and i do eat everything in the house.... it's a problem! loosing postpartum weight while exclusively breastfeeding, NOT EASY, I don't burn more calories, i just eat more!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy; I want to hear what you have to say.